BabyFetus Ticker

Monday 5 December 2011

21 weeks...

And I feel great! Had a bit of a fright on Saturday morning as I hadn't felt the baby move since Thursday night. I've been feeling movements for a good few weeks now and every day at that, so I knew it was unusual. My midwife told me to just pop into the PRUH so they could listen out for the heartbeat, which initially they couldn't find. Cue slight panic. They changed the doppler, and still couldn't find it. Cue more panic. Then they found it and it kept disappearing. It was appearing then disappearing exactly like the last time I was in hospital so I felt a bit sick then! So the midwife called a doctor in who grabbed a scanner and came to find Nugget. And lo and behold, there he was, fine and dandy, kicking away, heartbeat going strong and stretching his limbs all of the shop. The way my placenta is positioned means sometimes, the baby kicks into that instead so I can't necessarily feel it. The disappearing heartbeat was just because he's so active and not yet as big as he would be.

The wonderful thing now is that he is moving constantly. Or rather I'm feeling him move constantly! Which is very reassuring. Also have noticed since yesterday this child has an incredible amount of hiccups. I remember with Josiah, I actually used to really worry about the amount of hiccups he had and the length of time too. Amusing. While I'm sitting here, Nugget is pounding my insides and I am all warm and fuzzy! On average the baby is roughly, in total, about 30cm long. His eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed and his fingernails now cover his fingertips. He's now at the fun stage where he can hear everything we say! Now is the time to start favourite stories and songs!

Going through an immense insecurity patch. Don't even ask. Absolutely crazy paranoid about everything. So glad I have such a fabulous husband to pat me on the head and say 'yes dear' when I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment