BabyFetus Ticker

Friday 16 December 2011

Labour...

I've been thinking a lot about this labour and although am feeling very excited, I'm also feeling quite apprehensive because a large part of me is convinced I'm going to end up having a caesarean. Now, they're not all bad and if I need it, I need it. We have friends who just swear by them but I really, really, really want a natural birth (never thought I'd hear myself say that!). The caesarean thing is not least because of the healing afterwards, but because I want that feeling of 'he's finally here!!'. And I actually really enjoyed labour with Josiah. Not that I was probably thinking that at the time! But it's the excitement of it. 

The day I went into labour with Josiah, Debbie & I went to Mothercare to pick up a baby bath. A newborn baby was there and was screaming the place down which made me feel like contractions were starting. They stopped about twenty minutes after we got out! I had heard that could happen so we made a hasty exit so I wouldn't go into labour in the shop!! I had a headache that started after that which lasted all day, I popped a couple of paracetamol, had a nap, tried everything to get rid of it and nothing worked. I lasted 40 weeks without a headache! I rang the labour ward as I was worried about pre-eclampsia and they told me to ring back in two hours if it hadn't stopped. Lo and behold, that appeared to be the start of labour because that night the contractions started for real!

Cannot wait to see how this one turns out....

No comments:

Post a Comment