BabyFetus Ticker

Friday 16 December 2011

22 & 23 weeks...

I haven't updated recently because...well, I forgot, quite honestly. Not doing well in the brain department recently. It appears I currently just had thin air inbetween my ears!

By 23 weeks, Nugget The Boy is about 500g  (just over 1lb!). But who knows with this one. My kids don't follow the norm with regards to size. Ha! About the length of a ruler (crown to rump), his hearing is established and around now he may be able to make out a distorted version of our voices, the beating of my heart and my stomach rumblings. Pleasant thought. He reacts more to deeper voices (aka Daddy). When our little one is born, loud noises he has heard in the womb (washing machines, Hoovers etc) may not bother him. I know the hoover and hair dryer used to send Josiah to sleep instantly. It was BRILLIANT. One morning, I was trying to get him to sleep but annoyingly left it 'til he was overtired and he couldn't settle, even though he was frantically rubbing his eyes etc. So I switched on the hair dryer and he was asleep within seconds. In addition to advances in our baby's hearing, his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing. And as he gets bigger we may be able to see him squirm underneath! In fact, this morning, i turned over in bed and it appeared that he was turning round or something like that because a limb of sorts (maybe even a head or a bottom!) suddenly stuck out! It was the weirdest thing and caused John to exclaim, 'but that isn't supposed to happen for weeks!'. Certainly brought back memories of lying in the bath when I was expecting Jo and seeing many different limbs being poked through my tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment