BabyFetus Ticker

Tuesday 3 January 2012

25 weeks pregnant...

So! I have been informed that the last post was on the 16th December which it so very true. I have a brain like a sieve right now, I can't believe I left it that long! Apologies faithful readers. Currently, I am 25 weeks pregnant...which means I am 26 weeks pregnant at the weekend. Which means it's not long until I'm 30 weeks which means only 10 weeks until this little pickle is due! Oh my word.

Feeling pretty great to be honest. My only complaint is my legs as usual. My left leg is occasionally so painful it feels like it's being ripped out of it's socket. I can't really be bothered to sort physio out as by the time the appointment's come through, the baby will likely be here! 

In other news, baby boy seems to have grown a foot overnight! I could feel him wriggling about while I was walking around today and could actually feel the odd limb sticking out. I just love that feeling! I can't wait to get to the stage where I can see the shark fin swimming about in my tummy. 

So at this gestation, our baby is continuing to lay down fat stores and by now he weighs around 700g (1.5lb already!) and measures around 22cm in length. We have another scan on 23rd January to check where the placenta is and another one at 32 weeks. Then they'll decide how this little one will be born! I'm really hoping it's a natural one. His senses are becoming more sophisticated, too. At 26 weeks, fetal brain scans show response to touch which means the good old torch on the tummy thing should start to work soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment