BabyFetus Ticker

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Booking Appointment...

It was a little different this time around. I saw two wonderful midwives who were absolutely fantastic, and made me feel so at ease. I feel very posh because I have a consultant who will see me through this pregnancy as well as a midwife who will be the same all the way through too, so no chopping and changing. Mrs Omar, who was the consultant that performed my ERPC and saw me through my post-natal-ness previously, will be examining me at 16 weeks and checking all is going as it should be. She will scan to see how my uterus is looking and where the baby is growing. The very interesting thing I found out today was this: when I was in labour with Josiah, he was sideways and didn't turn until the very last minute (literally, he only turned when I was 10cm dilated!) This was purely because of the shape of my uterus, so he couldn't turn because there wasn't space! I'm going to ask for a copy of my notes because there seems to be a lot of interesting stuff going on in that big fat file! Anyway. As I said before our 12 week scan is at Queen Mary's in Sidcup - this is because they've changed contracts. I feel a bit sad that we're not going to Kings anymore but onwards and upwards yadda yadda.

Oh and also, apparently I'm 10 weeks tomorrow not Thursday! It just keeps getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment