BabyFetus Ticker

Monday 19 September 2011

Emmanuel...

Monday 26th September would have been the due date of baby Emmanuel. I don't want to dwell too much on this but it feels appropriate to make a small mention. While I wouldn't wish what we went through on anyone, I am thankful and grateful to God for bringing us through that time, for surrounding us with our wonderful family and friends who blessed us so much and who gave us so much encouragement, who allowed us to cry, shout or laugh if we wanted to and who never ceased to stop praying. 

It's been a tough week or so. What with hormones on top of mourning, it's been a bit hairy! I've been feeling quite guilty for grieving over Emmanuel as much as I have while I am carrying our new gift from the Lord and I'm struggling to understand that it's OK to do so. He has his timings and we can really see His hand over this pregnancy and this time. I've been really surprised at how emotional I have been about this as I hadn't even thought about the dates, it just all came on very suddenly. But then God has given us this time to grieve and heal. When Nugget makes his or her appearance, we will be healed, revitalised parents who can give testimony to God for his goodness.

We are thankful for the time we had with Emmanuel and, of course, will always love and cherish him...now we can be excited that he is with Christ and praising Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment