BabyFetus Ticker

Saturday 15 October 2011

14 weeks...

I am 14 weeks pregnant! Yay. Ignore the ticker above. It doesn't know what it's talking about. Though apparently neither do I. I read the scan doobrywotsit wrong when I text our mums' and I was actually 12 weeks 2 days not 12 weeks 1 day. But what is a day between family.

We are now in our second trimester! Nuggets' crown to rump length is about 3.2 to 4.5 inches long and he weighs approximately 1 ounce now, about the size of the average fist. When I read up on my week by week, it says I might start wearing maternity clothes now. HA! That amused me.

Cool things of the week: the baby has eyebrows but no eyelashes and fine, light hair is beginning to grow. The hairs grow in whirled patterns that follow the grain of his skin. These patterns later give way to our baby's fingerprints. Nuggets' thyroid gland has matured and starts to produce hormones. If our baby is a boy, the prostate will appear and the ovaries descend from the abdomen into the pelvis in baby girls. 

I am most definately looking pregnant now, not just pudgy. I never lost my tummy from the previous pregnancies anyway, but thankfully, I now have a bump! All of a sudden. 

Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment