BabyFetus Ticker

Friday 4 November 2011

17 weeks...

This little cherub is a real wriggle pot! While I am sitting here typing this, Nugget is pounding my insides like he's playing a xylophone. Not even joking. John, the clever lad that he is, found the heartbeat last night (along with the more than frequent bop from his unborn child), now averaging about 150bpm.

My mum took my blood sugar reading tonight which was a nice 4.8! So, so far, nothing diabetes like lurks in the shadows, bless God.

Nugget is between 11-12cm long now and as we know, stretching their arms and legs! His skeleton is mostly rubbery cartilage, but will start to harden as the weeks go by. A protective substance called myelin slowly begins to wrap around his spinal cord. Sweat glands are starting to develop all over his body.

We had our midwife appointment on Wednesday, Jo sat at the kiddies table in the room very well and looked very excited when he heard the heartbeat. Not entirely sure he had any idea what it was. But to help him with the understanding, a little later on, we will stick the doppler on his chest so he can hear his heartbeat and then find his brother or sisters one! We're not planning on saying much until January...though I know he knows something because he's being very affectionate with my tummy! And tells me the baby is in there...or in my boob.

No comments:

Post a Comment