BabyFetus Ticker

Wednesday 16 November 2011

18 week scan...

This morning we had a family trip to the sonographer! Great fun it was. Josiah caught a bug on Sunday so hasn't been too well since then therefore Mummy only had about 8 hours sleep in 3 days. Felt like I was going a bit mental. However, the one morning we had to get up early (appointment at 8:40am) Josiah slept wonderfully and didn't wake up until 7:40am.We were called in at 8:40am on he dot. I like early appointments! We asked Josiah where the baby was and he pointed to the screen and grinned wildly, then pointed to my tummy then to his tummy. That kid is hilarious. Nugget played peek-a-boo quite literally for while, as if there was a twin in there, with their legs clamped shut so the sonographer decided my bladder wasn't full enough to see much of the baby or my cervix so we were sent away to 'top up' for half an hour.

I saw an abbreviation called EFW on my report. I googled it and it stands for Estimated Fetal Weight. Well. 18 weeks the baby is on average 190g. Now I appreciate that EFW is ESTIMATED but our not so little Nugget's EFW is 235g. At 19 weeks, the average EFW is 240g. So. We have a fast growing one in there!

Because it's still quite early to tell, the sonographer (who was jolly good I must add) only hazarded a guess at the sex of the baby. It started off as one sex but towards the end she said she was now nearly sure of what it was. We'll know for sure at our 5th December scan! But it's VERY interesting. We'll tell you if you wish to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment